YOU WILL FIND MY WORK, SCENE VISUALISATIONS, FANFICTIONS, VIDEO MIXES, ETC, ON MY FAVOURITE PAIR DR. ABHIMANYU MODI AND DR. NIKITA MALHOTRA FONDLY KNOWN AS ABHI-NIKKI FROM THE INDIAN DRAMA DIL MIL GAYE COURTESY STARONE

Thursday, November 19, 2009

AFTER 8PM MEETING FANFICTION - PART 15

Monday morning, Nikki received a call from Abhi. He told her to come to his cabin as he had something important to discuss with her.

Entering his cabin Nikki saw Abhi in a pensive mood. The moment he saw her entering, he got up and went towards her.




He held her hand and gently pulled her towards his desk making her sit on a chair.





He then knelt down beside her and took her hand in his.

“Nikki,” he said gravely. “I really don't know how to say this” he paused to look at her. He seemed kind of edgy. “but please don't take it badly right now. Promise me you’ll hang in there" Nikki was baffled.

"What happened Abhi? Is everything alright ?”

Seeing her looking questioningly at him, Abhi averted her gaze. A worried Nikki gently put her hand against his jaw.

"Abhi, Please tell me what is the problem? Is everything okay?

Abhi sighed deeply

"Nikki, I hope you understand I did do whatever best I could do!"

"Abhi is it about the results ?" she asked him anxiously.

The muscles on his face become taut. He shut his eyes tightly as if in distress.

"Oh My God Abhi,” sensing her fears had come true, Nikki clasped her mouth with her hand.. “This means..........this means" Fumbling for words, she was unable to continue.

She stood up abruptly and Abhi did the same.

"How can this be?" She asked tearfully.

"Nikki listen" Abhi tenderly held her by her shoulders, but, Nikki was not listening.



"No Abhi this can't be,” panic had now homed in on her. She embraced him and buried herself into his arm, clinging on to him tightly. “I don't want to go anyway. I can't stay without you any more.”

"will you be able to stay without me?" she asked in despair.

"Do you think I will be able to stay without you?" Abhi retorted in annoyance.

"then why are you sending me away?" Nikki sobbed into his chest.

"Who is sending you away?"

"I know you can't help it, but I don't want to go"

"Even I don't want you to go." he replied coolly.

"then how will you stop me from going?" she asked him in between sobs.

“By holding you in my arms, like this.” He said tightening his arm around her and smiling fondly at her.

“But the results?” Nikki asked in amazement. “Wasn’t it decided if I don't clear my test I would have to go?"

“Well, that's true, that was the decision taken. Only if you don't clear your test.

A devilish grin slowly appeared on his face.

"and you have cleared your test"

"Yeah I have cleared my test!" Nikki parroted him.

"I have cleared my test?" She repeated, her eyes narrowing in puzzlement as she looked at Abhi.





He saw the broad grin on his face and her eyes lit up happily.

“I cleared my test! I cleared my test !” she hollered in jubilation. looking at him in amazement and then when it had sunk in well within her, she stopped .



“Wait a minute! This means you were pulling my leg!”

“Haan!” Abhi winked, grinning wickedly.

“How mean !" she made a face at him and drummed her soft hands into his chest.

"I am sorry but I couldn't help tease you,” Abhi said twitching his nose in amusement.

"Here I was almost dying with the fear of parting from you and all this while you were teasing me,” Nikki told him poutily.

"Acha Baba I am sorry,” Abhi said, holding his ears in apology “ I was only joking. I didn't mean any harm"

He reached for her arms, but Nikki angrily pushed his hands away.

I don't want to talk to you,” She grunted in annoyance and walked to the door in a huff. Abhi was dumbfounded.

“Nikki, Nikki….” he called after her.

Nikki ignored him and walked out of his cabin leaving him standing gaping at the door. Shutting the door behind her, she leaned against it and smiled mischievously to herself.

"Dr. Abhimanyu Modi you were pulling my leg. Right? Now see how I make you pay for it!” She chuckled wickedly.

Inside the cabin an anxious Abhi slumped down on his chair.

"Oh My God, my little prank has really upsetted Nikki. Now what do I do to make up to her ?"

He called her on her cell but she didn't answer it. He sent her a sms saying "I am sorry" but received no reply.

Dr. Keerti informed the three interns that they have cleared the tests and can continue with their internship along with the other interns. Everyone was happy. Armaan suggested they should have a party tonight to celebrate this good news. He offered his place for the party and everyone was excited with the idea.




Sometime in the late afternoon, Nikki was walking towards the locker room and saw Abhi walking towards her. Just as he was nearing her, she saw Armaan standing on a side reading a file and quickly dashed towards him.


"Armaan" she called out sweetly. He was surprised to see her ignore Abhimanyu. "Armaan I need to tell you something, lets go to the locker room.”

Through the corner of her eye she can see Abhi talking to a nurse but she knew he was watching her through the corner of his eye.



"So have you two fought or are you pulling a prank on him?" Armaan asked as they were walking towards the locker room.

"Prank.” Nikki replied with a wink. “I enjoy teasing him. I just love the worried look on his face".

Armaan grinned. "Ok fine. He is following us. Lets trouble him even more" How could he miss such an opportunity! he thought winking at Nikki who nodded and smiled.


When they reached the locker room, Armaan asked Nikki to start crying. Sitting down on the bench, Nikki began to wail loudly. Armaan sat down beside her.

"What happened Nikki, why are you crying so much" Armaan asked faking concern.

Nikki did not reply but continued to bawl.

“Has he come?” She asked in a low tone.

"Yeah he is watching us" Armaan confirmed.

Nikki wailed even more loudly.

"Don't cry Nikki" Armaan soothed putting his arms around her, but, she sobbed even more burying her head into Armaan's shoulder. Abhi was worried seeing Nikki crying so bitterly.

"Whats happening Nikki? Why are you crying?” He asked anxiously.

"You don't talk to me," Nikki said to him still crying over Armaan’s shoulder.

"Come On Nikki, You know its just a joke," Abhi pleaded "You keep playing these pranks so why can't you take one?" He started moving closer towards Nikki but Armaan stood up and blocked his path. Nikki was dying to laugh but she stopped herself for doing so. She was glad she was hidden behind Armaan and Abhi couldn't see the amusement on her face. She deliberated wailed loudly.


Armaan folded his hands across his chest and glared at Abhi.

"I knew it,” he told Abhi angrily. “Nikki rarely cries and the fact that she is crying it has to be because of you. Only you make her cry!"

"Armaan will you please not interfere in this," Abhi warned him pointing a finger at his face. He tried to side step Armaan so he could reach Nikki, but Armaan moved quickly and blocked his path again.

"I told you Dr. Modi, if I ever see tears in Nikki's eyes, I will not spare you."

Irked by Armaan's interference, Abhi growled, "Look Armaan I am not afraid of you, so save your threats." He then looked towards Nikki

"Nikki will you explain to your friend?'' he appealed

"Why should she explain. I am not blind, I can see it all for myself." Armaan was not willing to give Abhi a chance to make peace with Nikki.

"Armaan, for your own good, stay out of this" Abhi growled theatening, the muscles in his cheek had gone taut. Nikki began to worry.

"I won't, what will you do?" Armaan defied him. Riddhima who had entered a while back was apprehensively watching the two men sparring.

"Armaan what is happening?" she interjected. "If there is a problem between Nikki and Dr. Modi, let them handle it themselves. Why are you …….."

"You stay out of this,” Armaan swirled at her. “You don't interfere in this matter"

Riddhima was stunned by his words.

"Oh ! so I am a stranger now,” she said, her voice carrying the hurt she felt.

“ As Nikki's friend you have a right to interfere in their matter but as Nikki's friend I don't have the right to say anything!"

"Great !” she tossed scathingly, lifting her hands up in resignation. “In that case. I'll just leave" Armaan knew then he had got himself into deep trouble.

"Riddhima, I didn't mean that" he quickly implored..

Nikki was aghast at the turn of events. "Riddhima, Listen, it isn’t Armaan’s fault," she appealedd on behalf of her friend.

"Oh really?” Abhi darted spitefully. “you find no fault with Armaan's interfering in our matter?" Nikki looked beseechingly at him.

"Abhi, Armaan is not interfering, he is only trying to ……”

"Perhaps I am the one who is interfering,” Abhi said tersely. “I think I am the one who shouldn't be here" Nikki shook her head.

Armaan ran his hand through his hair, also, frustrated with the ugly turn of events.

"God, What is happening here? Why are we all arguing?" he asked helplessly.

"Look guys there is a misunderstanding," he said defeatedly, looking imploringly at Abhi and Riddhima.

"Yeah!" Nikki quipped in support. She looked despondently at Abhi, but, he returned her a cold unsympathetic hard stare.

“Riddhima please listen," Armaan pleaded. He tried to touch her arm, but she moved away and scowled at him.

"Dr. Modi, looks like the two of us are not required here,” Riddhima said to Abhi, smiling sweetly at him, “ After all we are strangers in this Great Friendship! I think we should leave the two best friends alone.”

Abhi nodded his head in agreement and flashed her a charming smile.

“I overheard you telling the nurse you are leaving for a meeting. Since I have also finished for the day, can you please drop me home Dr. Modi?"

"Oh sure Dr. Riddhima. Lets go!"

Armaan and Nikki looked despairingly at each other .

"Listen Guys," they rushed towards their respective love, but, the entry Atul, Anjali, and Muskaan stop them from saying anything further.

"One big tension is off our heads. So now its Party Time!" exclaimed an excited Atul "So Ridzi, excited about the party?"

"Party? What Party ?” Riddhima feigned ignorance. “I am not going to any party!"

"Why?" holler Atul, Anjali and Muskaan.

"Because I don't like the venue of the party" she looked indignantly at Armaan.

"Oh Ridz, its difficult to get a place at such short notice and for such a small group,” Atul explained. “Nothing doing! This party is for me and I want you to come !"

Prompted by a slap on his head by Muskaan, he said, "Oh yeah, yeah its for Muskaan and Nikki too,” then looking at Riddhima he continued, “Ridzi you have to come or else I"ll be upset". He pouted like a baby at Riddhima.

"Ok fine I'll come," Riddhima agreed pinching his cheek and then turned to look at Abhi.

"Dr. Modi are you coming for the party?" .

"I am not invited" he replied, darting a sardonic look at Nikki. She squirmed miserably.

"Dr. Modi, I will be very happy if you come to the party as my guest," Riddhima told him.

"Thank you Dr. Riddhima. This is really sweet of you. If you say so, I would love to be your guest,” He smiled at her before asking “Now can we leave?” He glanced at his watch. “I don't want to be late for my meeting."

"Yes, lets go” Riddhima said with a smile.

Glancing angrily at Armaan and with a "Bye" to the rest, she walked out. Abhi also tossed a steely glance at Nikki and followed Riddhima out of the locker room.

"Strange how pally Riddhima is with Dr. Modi,” Atul remarked.

His words irked Armaan. While Atul, Anjali and Muskaan were joking and talking about the party, but Armaan and Nikki were too upset to participate in their conversation. After the other three leave, a dejected Nikki slumped down on the bench.

"What was all that Armaan?” she asked tears having welled up in her eyes. “We planned something and something else happened,”

"Yeah, in trying to pull a prank on your Majesty, I messed up my love life too! Now I am left with burnt fingers!" he choked, his eyes were moist.

"I know. I am so sorry. All this is my fault" Nikki rued, the tears now spilling over.

Putting an understanding arm around her, Armaan said , "No yaar, it isn't your fault. The idea was mine. I am to be blamed for this. See how upset Riddhima is with me. What an idiot I am! Shouldn't have spoken to her like that!"

"Even I shouldn't have irked Abhi so much,” Nikki echoed his sentiments. “Now what do we goint to do?" she lamented.

"yeah we have to do something!" Armaan nodded his head.


As Armaan and Nikki began to ponder how to make up to their respective sweethearts, Abhi and Riddhima were having a good laugh in the car

"Thank you Riddhima for bailing me out,” Abhi said to her. “When you made those signs at me I realised you were playing a prank on them.”

"Its ok Dr. Modi. Even though we love them a lot, these two are really too much at times. They need to be taught a lesson!"

Abhi shook his head in agreement and smiled.



At Armaan's place, the party had started. The interns and few hospital staff were present. Nikki and Armaan kept looking at the entrance awaiting the arrival of Abhimanyu and Riddhima. Armaan called Riddhima but she kept disconnecting the phone. He asked Anjali to call Riddhima but she didn't reply to Anjali's calls either. Armaan then pulled Nikki away from the group.

"Where are these two?” he asked anxiously. “Riddhima is not at home, neither is she picking up the phone"

"Same with Abhi” Nikki informed. “He is not picking up the phone either".

Suddenly, she saw Abhi and Riddhima standing at the entrance and nudged Armaan. Riddhima and Abhi looked around and when they saw them, they ignored them and smiling at each other, entered the house Armaan was annoyed and before Nikki could stop him, he was already walking towards Riddhima.

Nikki quietly stood beside Atul, Anjali and Muskaan. She saw Abhi blocking Armaan's path, stopping him from reaching Riddhima. Her heart started pounding with panic.

"Hi Dr. Armaan, looks like the party is in full swing .” She heard Abhi say to Armaan.


"Dr. Modi, if you would please excuse me?" Armaan retorted calmly even though he looked peeved. Glancing sideways, Abhi saw Riddhima was already walking towards the group.

"Oh sure!" he replied smiling wickedly at Armaan and followed Riddhima to the group. Armaan was even more irked.

"Hi Riddhima," Nikki greeted her casually when she reached the group. "you got late?" She asked, curiousity in her voice.


"Oh Nikki! Abhimanyu............." she had to pause as she saw the shocked faces of Nikki, Anjali, Atul, Muskaan and Armaan on hearing her call Dr. Modi by his name. She exchanged amused looks with Abhi.

"I mean Dr. Modi got caught up in some important work, that's why we are late.”

Nikki looked questioningly at Abhi and when he caught her gaze, he coolly turned his face away, ignoring her. Nikki was fuming inside.


There is a change of song and a peppy number "Rang Rang mere Rang Rang mein" was being played. (song :"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqolJ1qgOvk&feature=related)

“This is a nice song. Would you like to dance, Riddhima?" Abhi asked

"Oh sure Abhimanyu.” Riddhima nodded, smiling sweetly at him.

Five pair of shocked eyes follow them as they began to dance.

Atul and Armaan then dragged the three girls on to the dance floor and the whole group began to dance. Consumed with jealous, Armaan kept pulling Nikki towards Abhi and Riddhima and slipped in between them, pretending he was still dancing with Nikki. It was a funny sight as Abhi had Armaan, Riddima and Nikki, one behind the other, facing him. But, not the one to fall for Armaan's gimmicks, Abhi held out his hand for Riddhima over Armaan's shoulder and once she placed her hand in his, they moved aside and continued dancing much to the irritation of Nikki and Armaan.

Armaan attempted the same thing again, but, Abhi who was prepared for it, thwarted it, by moving Riddhima aside before that.

Towards the end of the song, Abhi and Armaan are twirling Riddhima and Nikki. As if mentally co-ordinated, they wink at their dancing partners and turn them around with a sudden force. The impact of the jerk, sent the ladies off-balance. Riddhima fell into Armaan's arms, while, Abhi firmly held Nikki and prevented her from falling. They looked deep into their partner's eyes, and soon, both couples were lost into each other.

Few minutes later Riddhima straightened up and tried to wriggle out of Armaan's arms. When she finally managed to free herself, she glared darkly at him and ran into the kitchen.

His arms tightly clasped around her waist and eyes still glued to hers, Abhi slowly lifted Nikki up. He kept holding her till she was able to steady herself on her feet. They were still lost into each other’s eyes.

"What are you upto Dr. Modi. Why are you after Riddhima?"

Armaan's angry bellowing, brought them out of their trance. They pull apart and turn to face him.

"Me? Why would I do that?” Abhi feigned innocence. “I hope you realise that it was Riddhima who has invited me here and who better than you should know, its bad manners to refuse such a sweet and nice girl"

Hurt and jealous, Nikki felt a piercing in her chest. Darting a pained glance at Abhi, she walked away. A slight smile curved on his lips as he watched her walk towards the terrce.

He then looked at Armaan

"Instead of wasting time by arguing with me, why don't you go and pacify Riddhima,” he advised.

"You have ruined everything between us," Armaan said to him hotly.

Abhi smiled understandingly.

"When there is true love between two people nothing will ever be ruined."

He darted an impatient glance towards the terrace and sighed.

"Look I don't know about you” he said to Armaan. “ but, I have to set things right with the girl I love before everything gets completely out of hand" He blinked at him and smiled. Having understood his word, Armaan gave him a sheepish smile and with a nod he walked away.






An upset Nikki was standing in the terrace. She was not liking the idea of Abhi ignoring her and paying more attention to Riddhima. She knew in her heart Riddhima loved Armaan and Abhi loved her. Yet, she couldn't help the jealousy that was consuming her. She tried to calm herself.

Does Abhi feel the same when she ignores him and pays more attention to Armaan? she wondered She realised he must have gone through the same pain and jealousy that she felt today.

Feeling lonely and neglected, she stared blankly out into the dark night. The cool evening breeze played on her bare shoulders making her shiver. She thought she should go in but before she could move, the lights of the terrace suddenly went off.


Nikki was scared.

"Oh God, the lights have gone off, now what do I do?" Panic bubbled inside her.

She was about to turn but was rooted to the spot as she sensed someone behind her. A pair of arms was coming around her and was about to envelop her. A cold shiver ran down her spine and she opened her mouth to scream but a hand was clamped over it. The all familiar scent made her realize it was the man she loved.

She exhaled in relief.

He wrapped his arms around her and dug his face into her neck. His arms were strong and warm and Nikki felt snug and secure in them. His breath was also warm on her skin making it tingle excitedly. She wanted to press herself closer into him, but decided to hold on to the tiny flicker of sanity she still possessed.

“What are you doing here?” she asked sternly. "I don't think there you have a reason to be here!" She could hear his soft chuckle. He moved his hands up and down both her arms in a slow caress weakening her resolve.

""Oh but I do have a reason! You see there is girl who is afraid of darkness and I want to be with her.”

"How charitable of you!" she lashed sarcastically, trying her best not to succumb to the sensations he was stirring inside her . "But, I think you need not bother. You seemed to be having lots of fun today!"

"Yeah Riddhima is such a good dancer. I did enjoy myself." he muttered burying his face in her hair.

Eyes sparkling with jealousy, an annoyed Nikki tried to wriggle out of his embrace, but, he had clasped her tightly making her movements impossible.

"What are you doing here?” she sulked turning her face sideways to glower at him. “Go continue dancing! Come on, Go On.” she prodded

Abhi smiled and rested his chin on her shoulder blade.

“Well, I got ditched!" he whispered with a grin.

"Really? How sad!" Nikki feigned sympathy.

“Hmmmmm, yeah really sad,” He put on a mock dejected look on his face and made sad puppy eyes, evoking a tiny chuckle from her. She put her hand over his hand that was holding her stomach and Abhi looked down at her in surprise. She then held her other palm tenderly against his jaw and said,

"Dr. Abhimanyu Modi, no matter how much you try your luck anywhere, you’ve got to know there is only one girl who is meant for you and girl is me! Dr. Nikita Malhotra!"

"Hmmmm," He agreed dreamily and then turned his face into her palm and kissed the inside of. Her stomach flip excitedly.

"Its only me who puts up with an arrogant, hot tempered person like you," She continued

"Yeah I know. I know.” Abhi agreed resignedly. “That is so sweet of you!"

His fingers were sensuously caressing her midriff making her insides knot with pleasure.

"And you love me!" Abhi drawled seductively.

"hmmmmm" Nikki mumbled impishly, not willing to cave in as yet. "I don't know about that" she teased.

"Hmmmm, I see” Abhi replied, in the same seductive tone. “You don't know, is it? No worries at all. I am there na? I’ll help you with that” he grinned wickedly.

He then started nuzzling his nose intensely up and down her neck, tickling her as well as burning her skin into passion.

"Abhi, Stop ! Please Stop ! I love you Abhi, Please Stop!” Nikki laughingly conceded defeat. He stopped and turned her in his arms.

"See I have remedy for every ailment" he whispered brushing his nose against hers

"Yes Doctor!” Nikki agreed blinking meekly at him. As she looked lovingly at him, her eyes began to fill up with desire “I love you. I love you," she told him passionately. "I love you too," he told her. His eyes were smouldering with desire and Nikki felt shy under his intense gaze. She looked away and suddenly her eyes narrowed in puzzlement. She saw light flickering through the gaps in the curtain and looking around her she saw there was light inside the house, but there was none outside.

"Abhi why is there light everywhere but not here in the terrace."

“Really?” he asked keeping a straight face while his eyes twinkled naughtily. "Yeah, you are right! Wonder what happened to these lights out here!"

Nikki detected mischief in his voice and when she looked at the wickedness in his eyes, her s eyes widened in disbelief.

"This is all your doing isnt it? You switched these lights off!" She declared firmly.


“Me?” Abhi shrugged in mock innocence “I don’t remember well.......”

Nikki shook her head knowingly and playfully punched him on the chest

"You are a bigger prankster than me!" she announced. Abhi threw his head back and laughed.




He pulled her into his arms and clasped her tightly as if he would never let her go.

“I love you Nikki” he told her, his voice filled with emotionally passionate.

Nikki closed her eyes in bliss and contentment

”I love you too Abhi, I will love you always”





In the darkness of the night, happy and blissful they stood, two hearts locked as one, filled with the promise of eternity.





THE END

3 comments:

Durre said...

aww Michi...You ended it...I was so waiting for another part...LOL...I feel greedy for more...but any ways...I loved the revised version as well...hope you write something else too...another FF? :P

Michelle Vinayak said...

Thanks so much Durre.... I am so glad you liked the revised version... I'll try my best to write something soon.Its all thanks to the encouragement of all you lovely people i could do this. Thanks once again.

Khushboo said...

Just finished reading it for hte nth time...this FF is so good, Mich.
Can't we get an epilogue or something of the sort? Pleaseee...*makes puppy dog eyes at you just like Abhi*
You know, Abhi is so cute here...I love him here! And I love him everywhere LOL!
In each of your FFs we see a different side of Abhi highlighted more...but you still manage to retain the essence of his character. Of course, with the numerous layers in his persona and the depth that he has, there's always an element of freshness in everything you write.
I really enjoyed this FF, Mich. And I love it more than COL. That's saying something.
BBH was something else, in an entire universe altogether. But the sugar-free sweetness of this FF has always made it a wonderful read everytime.
Thanks for such a beautiful FF!
~Khushboo!